why are you wearing a harness?

vendredi, décembre 09, 2005

HOME HOME HOME HOME

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! I'm coming home soon! 13 days...France is really cool and I've learned a lot here and made some great friends, but it's not home. I'm so excited to go home. Today I was looking through some pics from Taylor online, and I had to fight not to cry because it was so good just to see pics of everyone. I didn't even realize how much I missed everyone until I saw all of the pictures. This has been a really cool experience and I will never have another one like it, but I'm ready to be home.

My Mom sent me some Dr. Pepper and I let the kids at my house try it and they really liked it. They'd never had it before, because it doesn't really exist here. But I think I'm going to leave some with them when I leave, because I can always drink it any time I want when I get back home in a couple of weeks, but they'll only get it if another American happens to get some the next time around.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna jet (Peak, you're contagious). I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 Comments:

At 11/12/05 5:00 AM, Blogger peak said...

contagious? little ole me? ^_^

 
At 11/12/05 1:49 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Dr. Pepper was THE thing when I lived in Peru. If you brought a Dr. pepper for lunch, you were totally it, man. My dad used to bring them back for me when he'd go to the States and I treated them like a precious treasure. I would bring them to school and savor every swallow. Mmmm... And now, I don't even drink it anymore. Isn't it funny how the absence of something makes you want it more. :-)

 
At 12/12/05 12:32 PM, Blogger frenchnerd said...

yeah, actually the kid at my house said the same thing, but it's not just Dr.P, it's pretty much anything from the States...he said (in French, of course) that if he brought one to school that everyone surround him and he'd be the center of attention

 
At 15/12/05 5:33 PM, Blogger Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

you're in france? did you start the riots? be honest...

 
At 16/12/05 10:51 AM, Blogger frenchnerd said...

alright, you caught me. i did it. they do blame the foreigners, you know...okay, that's not completely true, but most of the people who live in the banlieue (suburbs) are the ones who were involved.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home