Here? In Paris? I don't believe it!!!
Hey y'all! It's true-I'm in Paris. I've actually been here for a couple of days, but I feel like I've been here for weeks. We've done a ton of stuff already. I wish I could write all of the stories, but it would just take too long. We got to the airport in the morning, and then waited for all the other people's flights to come in, and then we arrived in Paris at about 4 or 5 and had our first experience with ordering in a French restaurant at around 7.
My roommate's name is Kira, she's from Michigan, so that's kind of nice. We're staying in a hostel, which is actually pretty sweet. It's called Foyer des Etudiants, and I can see the Eiffel Tower when I stick my head out of the window. The view from the terrace on the top floor is just ridiculous. I couldn't have asked for better. I look straight ahead and I have a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower, and Les Invalides (Napoleon's Tomb), and to the far left I can see the famous church Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart). I went to mass at Notre Dame on Sunday...it's about a 15 minute walk from here. Saturday we went to The Louvre, with our own personal tour guide. I really appreciated that, because having the history and importance of the artwork explained made it a lot more meaningful than if I'd just been wondering around looking at a bunch of "nice paintings." We got to see the "Mona Lisa"...from a distance anyway. But I still really really want to go to the Musee D'Orsay-that's where the more modern artists are like Van Gogh (my fave), and Renoir, and Monet, and all those guys. Today, after Notre Dame, I went to Montmartre, which is where all of the artists go to try and sell their stuff and they do (rather expensive) drawings of people...like you can get your portrait done. There's too much stuff to be told about all of that stuff...so I will move on.
Someone asked me what French people are like...they're French-y. I don't remeber anymore what I told them, and right now my brain isn't working. But one thing that is really crazy is that even the really old people are very fashionably dressed. They really do tend to smoke a lot, that's not really a rumor. And cheese is listed as both and entree and a dessert in many places. Anyhoo, I have other things to do now, but if there's anything y'all are dying to know that I just can't think to write here, let me know. Comments are open for questions as well.
Blessings.

1 Comments:
hey! im so glad you got to go, that you are actually in paris! is that where you will be staying the whole time? i went there once for a weekend! it was great. don't forget 'kinda smelly' when you describe the frenchy people. they were just a bit when i went =)
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home